handdator

Visa fullständig version : Hi all! New member here...

MiDWaN
2012-07-02, 20:50
Hi everybody!

My name is Dimitris and I apologize for not speaking swedish (yet). I'm still learning, so hopefully after some time... :-)

I've relocated to Göteborg for work since last year and so far I'm loving every moment of it! I even brought my R6 with me, though unfortunately it ended up being stolen just one month afterwards.
It took me a while to get the money together, but I am now again in the market for a motorcycle, looking for something rather cheap to start with and also drivable by my girlfriend (something like the Kawasaki ER6 looks like a good option for now). For later on I have my crosshairs on someting closer to my taste, like the BMW S1000RR.

I would like to hook up with any guys living nearby and get to meet more MC-fans in Sweden in general!

Also, I was curious if you guys have any trackdays from time to time? It's been a while since I was in a racetrack and I kind of miss it, but I don't know the situation in Sweden.

PS: Not that it matters, but I happen to be a California Superbike School coach as well. So if any of you guys have attended the schools and have any questions, etc. I'd be happy to help out! :-)

Zeeuus
2012-07-02, 22:47
Hi MiDWaN,

I haven't been a member for that long in this forum but I have read quite a few treads by now and I have not yet seen any trackdays arranged by Hojen.nu.

But, svmc is a good way to find what you are looking for I think.
Just browse to http://www.svmc.se/

Good luck and welcome to this community.

/Zeeuus

Figurehead
2012-07-02, 23:26
Hi, and welcome to Hojen.nu! =)
Good to see that you decided to say hello despite the fact that you don´t speek Swedish! Where are you from? Dimitris sounds a bit baltic?
I´m not living anywhere near Gothemburg, nore am I driving a race bike for that matter (I´m more of a custom guy myself), I just wanted to say hi.
But, as far as I know, the only race track in the Gothemburg area is Falkenbergs Motorbana. And that really Isn´t that close to Gothemburg anyhow. It´s about 100 km south of Gothenburg if I´m not completely mistaken. Have no idea if it´s open for public though...

Molgan
2012-07-03, 01:10
And that really Isn´t that close to Gothemburg anyhow. It´s about 100 km south of Gothenburg if I´m not completely mistaken.
Just have to say that 100 km isn't far, have travelled longer distances just for a cup of coffee. =) Anyway, as Zeeuus said, SMC (svmc) is a good place to start looking for trackdays.

MiDWaN
2012-07-03, 13:58
Thanks for the replies, I had already seen SMC but I was wondering if people from forums also arrange trackdays (like we did back in Greece where I come from).

In any case, 100km is not too far for me eiher... Usually a day trip would be in the range of 250-300km so it's certainly within that. :)

Reject
2012-07-03, 15:07
Thanks for the replies, I had already seen SMC but I was wondering if people from forums also arrange trackdays (like we did back in Greece where I come from).

In any case, 100km is not too far for me eiher... Usually a day trip would be in the range of 250-300km so it's certainly within that. :)

Hello there Dimitris

You might also want to check out the tracks "Anderstorp" as well as "Ring Knutstorp". I know for a fact that Ring Knutstorp (it is a bit of a drive for you to get there) does arrange track days for cars. I've been there with my friends Fiat Punto GT and Lancia A112 Abarth :)

Surely they must arrange something similar for bikes...

MiDWaN
2012-07-04, 19:47
Thanks, I'll definitely check them out!

Nina
2012-07-28, 10:11
Found any track days, race events yet? You can find racing tracks & days at sporthoj.com:

Racing days / courses (http://www.sporthoj.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?60-Bandagar+%2F+Kurser-forum)
Racing forum (http://www.sporthoj.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?9-Racingforumet)

Welcome to Sweden, sorry for your loss but you need to lock your bike real tight and safe. I always garage my bikes during night time. Leaving them outside is like give the thieves opportunity to steal the bike. Some even steal them during working hours. I use several locks, but if they want to they steal it anyway. I can only make the their work a little bit longer. Not unusual they use a van, a few guys lift the bike inside and take off.